Automotive Sales Consultant
MINI of Louisville - the first and only MINI dealership in Kentucky - is currently seeking to hire an additional sales consultant.
The MINI Motoring Advisor (sales person) is directly responsible for educating, consulting with new and used car customers and supporting the new and used car department in delivering an extraordinary customer service experience. The candidate will be fully trained on everything MINI.
If you want to have fun selling automobiles, have energy, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude and you are passionate about providing a customer experience second to none then we want you to join our team! This is a full time position - salary plus commission.
- Medical, Dental, Life, Disability
- Paid Vacation
- Closed on Sunday
- Opportunities for growth internally
Essential Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Professionally greets and offers assistance in a friendly and energetic manner to any guest who enters the dealership property.
- Determine each customer's vehicle needs by asking questions and listening carefully to their responses
- Ensures the sales manager has an opportunity to meet every customer.
- Prepare sold vehicles for delivery prior to customer arrival. Deliver new vehicles to customers and lay the foundation for customer loyalty.
- Maintain the prospect development process in the CRM.
- Keep abreast of new products, features, accessories, and their benefits to customers.
- Attend product and sales training courses as determined by sales management and manufacturer. Maintain required dealership certifications.
- Establish personal income goals that are consistent with dealership standards of productivity, and devise a strategy to meet those goals.
- Sell/Lease and deliver the agreed upon units per month.
- Attend sales meetings.
- Report to the Sales Managers regarding objectives, planned activities, reviews and analyses.
- Review and analyze actions at the end of each day week, month, and year to determine how to better utilize time and plans more effectively.
- Introduce customers to service and parts department personnel to emphasize to customers the quality and efficiency of the dealership's service operations and the quality and variety of retail parts and accessories. Schedules the first service appointment.
- Exhibit a high level of commitment to customer satisfaction. Maintain a minimum customer satisfaction standard equal to or above the manufacturer expected average.
- Energy, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Valid U.S. Driver's license and a clean driving record
- Prior experience working with customers and providing an exceptional experience
- Team oriented attitude
- Strong desire to succeed
- Great customer service skills
- Excellent appearance, verbal/written communication skills